Member/Guest/Participant Behavior Standards
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. YMCA Behavior Standards outline prohibited behaviors as well as expected behaviors.
You may cancel your membership at any time. Memberships may be terminated in person, by fax or email. Please read our termination and refund policy regarding expected payment and effective date of termination.
Credit Card/Bank Draft Agreement
- Credit Card/Bank Draft is a mandatory continuous membership plan. Your membership will remain active until you submit a written termination notice.
- If you wish to terminate or change your membership in any way, you must give the YMCA a thirty (30) day written notice in advance of the your next draft in order to guarantee termination/change will take effect prior to that draft.
Other Membership Policies
- Membership Cards are not transferable to anyone else and remain the property of the YMCA and must be surrendered upon termination of your membership.
- There may be a fee assessed for replacement membership cards.
- A Joiner Fee will be reassessed to memberships that have lapsed for more than sixty (60) days
The Y photographs and videotapes various activities for promotional use. Please let the photographer/videographer know if you do not wish to be included in pictures.
Members visiting our facilities from YMCAs outside of the state will be welcomed to our facilities by displaying their cards. We will welcome them into our buildings at no charge for a limited number of visits. This national reciprocal recommendation by the Y-USA is intended as a convenience for YMCA members who travel occasionally away from their YMCAs and is designed for reciprocal privileges 50 miles or more from their home YMCAs.
A joiner fee is a one-time fee paid when you purchase your membership. Current members are exempt from this fee if the membership is renewed within 60 days of the cancellation date.
Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent/adult (age 18 & up) on site at all times, unless the child is in an organized program.
Bringing A Guest
The YMCA welcomes guests of our members. All guests must present a photo I.D. to enter the facility. Day pass fees vary by branch.
Child Abuse Prevention Information
The YMCA of Madison County wants all children and teens to be safe. Unfortunately, child abuse does exist, including physical, emotional and sexual abuse and neglect. We take proactive steps in the prevention of child abuse including thorough staff/volunteer screening, child abuse prevention training and staff/volunteer rules aimed at protecting children from abuse.